Low rates make it easier to pay down your balance or consolidate debt.
Our Low Interest Credit Card offers an introductory rate of just 4.99% APR* on all purchases for six months after you open your account and 0% APR* on balance transfers for 12 months with no balance transfer fee1.
Benefits of Our Rate Saver Credit Card
- 4.99% Introductory APR for Purchases: Enjoy a low, fixed rate for the first six months after account opening.
- Competitive, Variable Rates: After six months, get a rate between 15.49% APR and 25.24% APR based on your credit.
- 0% APR Balance Transfer Offer: Pay no interest on your transferred balance for the first 12 months.
- No Balance Transfer Fee1: Consolidate debt and transfer your high-interest balance free of charge.
More Great Features of Our Low Rate Credit Card
- No Annual Fee: We don't charge service or maintenance fees.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Access your account 24/7 and sync with your Mobile Wallet.
- Money Management: Get on top of your finances with our free online tool.
Credit cards are a great way to finance a large purchase or take care of unexpected expenses. On the other hand, it's all too easy to accumulate credit card debt and high interest rates can make it hard to pay off your balance. That's why we offer a low rate credit card to help you get on top of your finances – and stay there.
We’ve made it easy to access your credit card account. Whether you want to check your balance, review transactions or make payments, you can access it all directly through your HCCU Online Banking Account or log in from here.
Simple Application Process for a Low Rate Credit Card
Low Interest Credit Card FAQs
What rate will I get for my low-rate credit card?
Answer: Our low interest rate credit card has a low, fixed 4.99% intro APR offer on all purchases for the first six months after you open an account. After that six months, you will get a variable annual percentage rate (APR) based on your credit score, starting as low as 15.49% APR* and running as high as 25.24% APR.
To determine your rate, we typically review your credit report. You can talk to a financial advisor or a friendly member of our team to get tips on how to improve your credit score so you can get lower rates on credit cards and other loans.
How can I use a balance transfer to consolidate my debt?
If you have one or more credit cards with a high balance and a high-interest rate, you may be struggling to keep up with your monthly payments and pay down your balance.
A balance transfer lets you transfer one or more of your credit card balances from another credit card issuer to a new low rate credit card, often with a 0% introductory APR* for a certain number of months. You then have fewer monthly payments and more of your payment will go to paying down your balance instead of going to interest charges.
Tips for doing a credit card balance transfer:
- Get pre-approved to make sure you will qualify for a lower credit card interest rate than you have with your existing cards from other lenders.
- Make sure there is no balance transfer fee – otherwise, the savings you make through lower rates may be eaten up by the fee. We don't charge a balance transfer fee.
- Check the introductory APR offer and try to pay off all or most of your transferred balance during that time. We offer a 0% intro APR for 12 months.
- Check the APR you will get after the intro period. We offer competitive rates on new purchases and balance transfers after 12 months, starting at 15.49%.
- Try to avoid using your new credit card to make new purchases so you don't add to your existing debt.
- Avoid using your old credit cards – otherwise you will simply have one more credit card to pay off instead of having fewer cards and payments.
Consider keeping your old accounts open with a zero balance to boost your credit score.
*Annual Percentage Rate, see Pricing and Fee Details. View Disclosure. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
1 Other fees apply. Cash advance fee is 3.00% of the amount of each cash advance. Foreign transaction fee is up to 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. All loans are subject to credit approval.
More Financing Options From Heritage Community Credit Union
We offer a full suite of loans with affordable rates and flexible terms so you can get the financing you need to achieve your goals. Whether you want an auto loan, home loan, or personal loan, we offer local decision-making, processing, and servicing to meet the unique needs of our Sacramento members.
Our personal loans offer an easy way to get a lump sum payment of up to $20,000 for a wide range of purposes, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, car repairs, or even a vacation. You may also choose a line of credit option if you want an ongoing source of funds.
Home Equity Loans
If you've built up equity in your home, you may want to access the funds to pay for significant expenses such as home improvements, college tuition, and debt consolidation. You can choose between a lump sum home equity loan or a revolving home equity line of credit (HELOC).